Sunday, September 22, 2013

To the parents in my town and every other town

My son is an addict
Your son is not
They went to the same school
Played on the same sports team
They both excelled at it
My son won numerous art awards
He was a gifted musician
He got good grades
Your son did the same
If your son had became an addict
Would you have questioned your parenting skills?
You bet you would have
I do it every , single , damn day
If your son had become an addict
Would you avoid me and your looks of pity ?
You bet you would have
If your son had become an addict
Would you have called me and asked if I needed to talk?
No, but if the shoe was on the other foot...
You bet I WOULD HAVE


1 comment:

Annette said...

Oh I read this over at Addiction Journal and loved it. I think our sufferings do make us kinder, more gentle, people. Glad you shared this...