Sunday, September 8, 2013

Loss

My daughter has such anger in her for her brother. Yet, sometimes her bravado breaks down and I see    that although she is angry, there is still love. She was telling me about being at her boyfriend's school the other night and watching this concert thing they have. Different groups perform and she was telling me about one in particular . Mom, the singer was terrible but the guitarist was really talented. He was "Kevin" talented. My heart wept silently for both their losses. His not knowing how his sister admires his talent and loves him but cannot show it and hers for the loss of  her big brother who admires her as well but cannot show it .

2 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

We all mourn the loss, they don't have to die to feel deep sorrow and admiration for what was.

Anna said...

I am so glad that you have the joy and comfort of a daughter who loves and cares for you. We parents of addicts experience great un acknowledged losses.