Friday, August 16, 2013

Happy Birthday

Today is my daughters 21st birthday.  She has been a passenger on my sons addiction roller coaster all of her teenage life.  She has done without, both physically and emotionally while I enabled and tried to fix her brother. Right now, things are very bad with his situation. She has been my rock lately. She always seems to provide me with just what I need to be able to get up every day and move forward. She doesn't realize she is doing it either. I'm proud of the fine young woman she has become.  I'm grateful for her strength and her sense of humor. I don't tell her that enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw Sheri, I'm so sorry about your son. It's so difficult to watch them struggle when we know there is a much better way. Hopefully, he'll figure that out very soon.

Hugs to you, my friend.

PS: Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Annette said...

I have one child in particular who is my rock too. I really relate to all you wrote here. I'm sorry your son is in a bad way. No matter how much recovery we have personally, we are still their mothers and its still hard to watch. (((Hug)))

Annette said...

It just occurred to me that the child I am referring to will be 21 on Tuesday. You and I were very busy doing similar things 21 years ago! ❤

Addiction-A Mothers Perspective said...

I'm sorry to hear that things are not well with you son. I can so relate to your post as I have 2 daughters who have been such a source of strength and inspiration to me. I'm glad you have your daughter to help you along in this journey.