Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Clean

My son is clean. Oh, don't get excited folks. He is clean because he has been in county jail for almost two months. The month before he was incarcerated was very, very bad.  I could have done a zillion posts during all that time but regurgitating the drama that has been my life lately is just not my style.
I have been on a cleaning frenzy since he was arrested. A much needed one at that . While cleaning last weekend, I came across a newspaper clipping I had kept from 2006 which announced that he had been accepted into a prestigious fashion design school on the west coast.
I looked at that face smiling out from the article and flashed to the face I had just seen a few days ago. It did not compute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am both relieved and sad for you. I haven't yet experienced what it's like to have my kid sitting in jail (arrest aside) but I'm sure the day will come. I guess the standard response would be, at least he is safe and off the streets. All true, all good! Hopefully, prayerfully, this is exactly what your son needs to wake up from this awful nightmare.

Thinking of you,

Summer

Annette said...

:o( Baby pictures always get me. Any clean time is a good thing. We don't know what it might lead to. Hopefully, more clean time.